Primus Wind Power Air 40
AIR 40 TURBINE
The proven choice for remote energy
AIR 40 is the premier micro-wind turbine for land-based applications. It operates efficiently across a wide-range of wind speeds, providing energy for telecom, water pumping, lighting, SCADA, off-grid homes, or other low energy demand battery charging applications. The AIR 40 is ideal for pairing with solar to offset seasonal variation, delivering more consistent energy.
- Made in Denver, Colorado, USA
- 5 Year Warranty and product support from Primus Wind Power
- Advanced microprocessor technology for superior performance and high wind protection without mechanical braking.
- Blades designed for quieter operation, durability and optimum energy capture in most wind speeds.
- Lightweight design is simple and easy-to-install; integrated controller for plug-and-play operation
- Pair with solar PV for redundant energy production year-round.
- Produces 40 kWh of energy per month generating energy in a wide range of wind speeds
Download the AIR 40 spec sheet
- Energy: Approx. 40 kWh/mo at 5.8 m/s (13 mph)
- Swept Area: 1.07 m2 (11.5 ft2)
- Rotor Diameter: 1.17 m (46 in)
- Weight: 5.9 kg (13 lb)
- Shipping Dimensions: 686 x 318 x 229 mm (27 x 12.5 x 9 in) 7.7 kg (17 lb)
- Startup Wind Speed: 3.1 m/s (7 mph)
- Voltage: 12, 24 and 48 VDC
- Turbine Controller: Microprocessor-based smart controller
- Body: Permanent mold cast aluminum
- Blades: (3) Injection-molded composite
- Alternator: Permanent magnet brushless
- Overspeed Protection: Electronic torque control
- Survival Wind Speed: 49.2 m/s (110 mph)
- Mount: 1.5 in schedule 40 pipe 48 mm (1.9 in) outer diameter
- Wind Speed Operating Range: 3.1-22 m/s (7-49 mph)
- Optimum Wind Speed Range: 4.5-22 m/s (10-49 mph)