Drolet Escape 1200 Wood Stove
FREE SHIPPING TO ANYWHERE IN CANADA
(Excluding remote locations)
*Free Gift Order now and receive a free box of One Strike Fire Starter*
Our most compact unit in the series, the Escape 1200 is the perfect choice for heating homes up to 1,200 ft². With only 1.8 g/h of particulate emissions, this EPA certified wood stove puts out an impressive 45,000 BTU/h. The bottom of its combustion chamber is deeper than other models in its category and allows a greater accumulation of ashes, and thus to be able to empty them much less frequently. A simple model; reliable and robust.
Included: pedestal, air deflector, ceramic glass, cast iron door with adjustable hinges, ash lip, air damper
- - Up to 5 hours burn time
- - Up to 17" logs
- - 1.55 ft³ firebox
- - EPA certified
- - Proudly made in Canada
- - Limited lifetime warranty
- - Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
- - Weight : 270 lbs
Options: blower, thermodisc, firescreen, fresh air intake kit
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||17"|
|Log positioning||Loading over depth|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||270 lb|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||10 1/4" X 8 1/2"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Overall dimension (Height)||30 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||18 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||28 7/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||7 5/8"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||12"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 3/4"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||14 1/4"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||19 1/8"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||1/4"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe||Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe|
|Clearance – back wall||14"||6"||12"||6"|
|Clearance - corner||11"||7"||11"||7"|
|Clearance – side wall||18"||18"||18"||18"|
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"||84"||84"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.